Thursday, March 26, 2009

Nothing Would Deter Me Today

I made a plan at the end of last week. My plan was that this week I would ride to work every day! Well, you know what they say about plans.
Monday- Well, I don't really remember Monday, but for some reason I wasn't able to ride to work.
Tuesday- The kid was sick, he couldn't go to school, so he had to go to work with me. Had to drive the car because A) I'm not supposed to ride with a passenger and B) He didn't want to sit on the fender.
Wednesday- Same as Tuesday.
That brings us to today. I woke up and the sun was shining through the window, beautiful, no clouds in the sky. I took the kid to school, went home to get ready, and by the time I got out of the shower.....no sun, nothing but overcast. Hmmm....fog, or rain clouds. Looks like fog, but then again....
I don't care, I'm going to ride to work dang it! If it rains...let it. Nothing is going to stop me today, I am a determined woman......Bring it on world.....I'm ready for you today!

12 comments:

Dean "D-Day" said...

Atta girl! Gonna get your water wings sooner or later. Hope you had a nice ride.

FLHX_Dave said...

You can ride me anytime! Rain or Shine, Water or Wine, Dirty or Clean, Sweet or Mean

You can ride me anytime! Anytime at all!, in spring, in summer, in winter and fall.

You can ride me anytime! No starter to kick, no choke to prime, just hop in the saddle and ride me anytime.

Oh...you were talking about your bike. Ride on soul sister.

Baron's Life said...

Hey, what's wrong with the kid? Hope he's OK
So did you take a Polish shower on your way to work?

Motor-head Lady said...

B.B. I know just how you feel. I'm glad you got to ride today.

It was simply beautiful in my part of Idaho today. Nothing but blue skies and sunshine. I was thinking, Hmmm, I wonder if the Cougar would start if I gave her a try...then I looked at the temperature outside. It was 43 degree's. Too cold for my blood!
But..the promise of warmer weather is here.

I hope your son is feeling better.
MHL

Ann said...

Good for you! Glad Riley's feeling better.

LMFAO @ Dave's comment!

Lady R (Di) said...

B.B... You go girl! That's the way I was feeling a couple of weeks ago. Weather issues had kept us from riding on the weekends and I was off the bike longer than I like. So I was determined to ride to work every day I could. To hell with waiting for the weekends!

Hope the rain didn't get you!

Dave... I never realized you had a little Dr. Suess in you too! "Rain or Shine, Water or Wine, Dirty or Clean, Sweet or mean"... LOL!

B.B. said...

Dean- It was a great ride, too short, but hopefully I'll get out this weekend for a long ride.

Dave- Awww...you wrote a poem for me, how sweet!

Baron- He's okay, he had a really bad sore throat and fever, but he's much better now, thanks. No rain, it ended up being a nice day by the time I got off work.

MHL- I hope you get out soon! My son is feeling much better, thanks!

Ann- Hope Annabelle is up and running soon so you guys can get your ride on!

Lady R- The rain stayed away, it ended up a beautiful day! I'm with you, no longer will my rides be confined to the small window of time we refer to as a weekend.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes you just got to ride despite the forecast or what it looks like outside. There have been times I didn't ride and wanted to kick myself later for not doing it.

Ride on,
Torch

Kathleen Jennette said...

You ride your own ride... its good to see that. Glad you had a good ride.

B.B. said...

Torch- You hit it right on!

KT- I just want to enjoy every moment of it.

Ann said...

BB: since I can't comment on your latest post, I will comment on it here. I don't know why you're on hiatus, but I hope everything is ok. I can't speak for everyone, but Big D and I will be here when you return. Email me if you want to chat.

Ride safe!

Lady R (Di) said...

B.B.
Ditto what Ann said. I'm not going anywhere. Hurry back soon!

email is just a click away. :)