Saturday, June 26, 2010

A Little Story About Plans

Rewind 11 years ago....I was pregnant with the kid. In my childbirth class the instructor told us we should write a birth plan. I am a huge planner, so I was more than happy to do this. I wrote a detailed plan about how my birthing experience would go.....the day came, and we might as well have flushed that plan down the toilet when my water broke. Every single thing that I wrote in my plan happened in exactly the opposite.

Okay, present day...Planning a wedding. First let me say, that to me, the most important part of our wedding day will be the fact that I will be married to the most wonderful man in the world. With that said, I have put a lot of thought, energy and time into planning for things to be the way that we would like them to be for that one day.

We are 42 days away from the wedding and in the last few weeks, my maid of honor has backed out, along with taking the flower girl (her daughter) with her, honeymoon plans have changed (due to the fact that the kid starts school earlier than usual this year), and now the cool porcelain flowers that I wanted for my bouquet are no longer available.
Now, like I said before, the day will be perfect as long as Dave and I are married at the end of it. It's just frustrating that I spent all the time planning for all the icing on the cake just to have it melt before I could enjoy it. Yes, I am disappointed, yes I broke down and cried today, yes it sucks. But I am also keeping my perspective, and I know what matters. And seriously when I think about it, more is working out as planned than not.
I look forward to marrying the man of my dreams and spending the day with people who I love and who love me back. It's going to be an amazing day, no matter what. But my new plan........no more planning!

16 comments:

Ann said...

Glad you're keeping things in perspective. My Mom always told me, "If you want to hear God laugh, tell him your plans." Things will work out perfectly on your big day. I can't wait for it. :)

Doug Klassen said...

Debbie and I had fun planning our little wedding nearly 5 years ago now. In the end though, the memorable parts were the people there and maybe the great chocolate "Groom's Cake" with the motorcycle on top.

Hang in there, kiddo, you'll all do fine and live happily ever after.

Lady R (Di) said...

I agree with Ann. No matter what actually turns out and what doesn't... your still going to be Mrs. Dave in the end.

Plans are necessary for the basic structure of an event. But, as it comes to fruition... just remember to go with the flow... it's your wedding day!

Hang it there friend. No matter how it turns out... I'm sure you'll still be a beautiful bride to your handsome viking!

biker baby said...

Sounds like my other half's daughter. Her wedding is planned for Oct and she just lost her maid of honor. She is going through a divorce and can't handle the up-coming wedding.

IHG said...

A very wise person told me to stop planning because it only brings on disappointment. Everything will work out and it will be a beautiful day. (((((Hugs to you and Dave))))) I'm so happy for you both!

Nattybug said...

I know how hard things are for you right now, but just remember you have tons of people who love you (especially Dave) and you're right, that day is going to be wonderful for the two of you! :)

B.B. said...

Ann- Yeah, that's one of Dave's favorite sayings. It will be perfect!

Doug- Thanks! I know it's going to be wonderful, no matter what!

Lady R- Yes, as long as Dave shows up...it's all good!

Biker Baby- That sucks! I hope everything else goes well for her wedding.

Steph- Thanks! Dave tells me the same thing, must be a guy thing. :)

Nat- I love you girl! I'm so happy that you will be there with us! Can't wait.

FLHX_Dave said...

We are famous together. I don't plan; You do. You teach me to plan my life a bit more and I'll teach you to hang loose.

Together nothing can go wrong and no one can touch us. We are truly free individuals because we get to do what we want to do, the way we want to do it, the whole while considering other folks feelings and thoughts.

Don't fret pet, for you are a good woman and a treasure.

(Any pirate would be thrilled to find you in his chest.) :)

B.B. said...

Dave, you are such an amazing man, you keep me sane...well as sane as is possible for me. Love you!

Willy D said...

Forget all the plans. Just get on the back of your mans bike, necked, and everything will be fine:)

Webster World said...

It will be an amazing day no matter. The best trips in life are the ones we do not plan. So I'm sure this will be the best day ever. Other than the day baby boy came into your life. At the end of that day you will be married to the man of your dreams. We will all be with you on that special day too.

B.B. said...

Willy- Well, I already do that!

Webster- Thanks for the very nice words!

mq01 said...

more big hugs! hang in there and F'Off to anybody that wants to screw with your happiness :)

B.B. said...

MQ- Thanks!

WooleyBugger said...

The only plan you really need is in your heart and soul and I think you already have that down pat. It'll be fine, fahget a bout it.

Cynthia Q. said...

no matter what you and your man are all that matter in the end! Enjoy every minute!