I was thinking for awhile that I've been in a rut, but then this morning I realized it isn't a rut....it's a big friggin' ditch! I know I haven't posted much, and I haven't commented on very many of your posts lately, but I am here, and I have been reading most of the blogs, but just haven't had much to add.
I read this post that Ann put up at the beginning of the year and decided to use this as a post for myself, cause I have nothing else to say. :) Thanks Ann for giving me some inspiration, even if I'm not being original.
The 2009 Recap
1.What did you do in 2009 that you’ve never done before? I went to AZ, and I rode without a helmet.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don't make resolutions, but I met most of my goals, yes I will make new goals for 2010.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? At least 5 people I can think of just off the top of my head.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Nobody really close, thankfully.
5. What countries did you visit? Ummm, none.
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009? A wedding.
7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? June, Fathers day weekend. We went to AZ and met Ann, Big D, Paul and Linda, had an amazing time.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting through a busy Christmas season at work without going completely insane.
9. What was your biggest failure? Hmmm.... not going to go get my motorcycle endorsement.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Ulcers.
11. What was the best thing you bought? I can't think of anything great I bought this year.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Riley, people are always telling me what a great kid he is, and it's true.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Tiger Woods, money doesn't buy happiness, it just gives you more opportunities to screw up and make it public.
14. Where did most of your money go? Rent, and the kid.
15. What did you get really excited about? Going to AZ, and the Sat. after Thanksgiving.
16. What song will always remind you of 2009? These friends of mine. I can't remember off the top of my head who sings it.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
- happier or sadder? Happier.- thinner or fatter? Probably about the same.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Mellow morning with Dave and the kid, finally watched the last episode of SOA, then a great dinner at Wolf's house with his family.
21. Did you fall in love in 2009? Everyday.
22. What was your favorite TV program? Sons of Anarchy
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Nope.
24. What was the best book you read? The Lovely Bones.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
That Dave can play the guitar....kind of.
26. What did you want and get? Love and happiness...have both.
27. What did you want and not get? A big fat bailout check!
28. What was your favorite film of this year? The Proposal.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? Had the swine flu...took care of the kid, who also had the swine flu. Don't you know it's rude to ask a woman her age...35
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Going to Sturgis.
32. What kept you sane? The kid, Dave, and Patience.
33. Who did you miss? My niece Nastassia.
34. Who was the best new person you met?
Wow, that's a hard one...meet lots of great people....Ann, Big D., MQ, Paul, Linda....
35. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Hmmm.....I don't know, I'm drawing a blank.... "I don't want a pickle, just wanna ride my motorcycle."
The Ebb and Flow of Life....
5 days ago