Monday, June 9, 2008

Meet Rex

Hi everyone! Just wanted to introduce the newest member of my household. Meet Rex. Rex is a two week old albino corn snake. We aren't sure yet if Rex is a male or a female, but we don't really care. We have been looking forward to bringing Rex home since he (we're going with male for now.) was hatched. We had to wait until he had eaten to make sure he was healthy, and apparently he is because he is already eating pinkies (baby mice).


I know snakes aren't every body's thing, but I love them and have wanted one since I was a kid. My dad is deathly afraid of them so it never happened. Well, except for once when I was in junior high school I found a snake and brought it home. I hid it in my closet for awhile, but then it disappeared and I have no idea what ever happened to it. I wasn't sure if the kid would want one, but he is totally into it. I even made him watch a snake eating mice just to make sure he could handle it, he thought it was very cool! Yeah! I'm so excited. I will be updating now and then so you can all see him grow, for those of you who care. :)

13 comments:

Ann said...

Congratulations on the newest member of your family! Although snakes aren't my thing, he is pretty.

Kathleen Jennette said...

Guess I should congratulate you too... however all I can think of is "ewwwww". In any case, I know you will be a good mama! Have fun with him... Looks like he makes a good ring!

Lady R (Di) said...

Are you wacked? LOL! Just kidding! You are one cool chick! I know I could not handle the snake! I'll take on lions, tigers and bears anyday, but show me a snake, Eeeeeek! Have fun with your new baby!

B.B. said...

Thanks girls! I get the same reaction from most people. They think that somehow Riley talked me into it, but they don't realize it was my idea. We are loving him.

Mimi said...

For a snake, he's a cutie. Congratulations on your new "baby".

FLHX_Dave said...

I just want to see it get really big and then have you dance with it like Satanic Pandemonium (Salma Hayek) in the movie "Dusk till Dawn".

Dean "D-Day" said...

Your baby is adorable! I can see where he gets his good looks from.

B.B. said...

Mimi- Thanks!

Dave- Sorry to disappoint, but he won't get that big. Full grown he will be about six feet long, but only about 3 inches in diameter.

Dean- Thanks, I think. LOL

-Connie said...

Congrats on your new addition!! I love snakes!! I've always wanted one too, but we probably won't get one because Josh wants a tarantula. And I can't handle spiders! Oh well!! :-)

Ronman said...

ummmmmmmmm I have a dog.........

FLHX_Dave said...

Big enough my dear...big enough.

Lady R (Di) said...

Hey Dave, I did some research on that song. Tito and the Tarantula, "After Dark". Problem is, I think they produce music for movies, and I haven't found out how to buy their stuff. I may not be looking in the right place.

I'm with you, that song is killer and that was a very sexy scene, even with the snake! Maybe by next year's birthday, Rex will be big enough, and B.B. will surprise you with a reptilian lap dance! Good Boy!

B.B. said...

Connie- Thanks! He is sooo cool. At night when he's really active I just sit and watch him roam around. He's awesome.

Ronman- I thought about a dog, but then I realized if I wanted that kind of commitment, I would rather just have another baby.

Lady R- Thanks for the idea! LOL